High blood pressure or commonly called as hypertension is one of the medical illnesses and many times an identifiable symptom that can lead to increased risk of cardiovascular disease or a heart stroke.
- Hypertension usually occurs without any identifiable symptom and hence prominently called as a silent killer because it does a lot of damage to the body. If it remains undetected for a longer period of time, then it may also lead to heart disease and affect kidney functioning adversely.
- Excessive blood pressure leads to problems with anxiety, sleeping difficulties, fatigue, restlessness, headaches etc.
Treatment For Hypertension
- It is always recommended to make certain essential changes in the lifestyle patterns for treating hypertension which includes regular exercising for at least 30 minutes a day, for instance, jogging, running, cycling etc.
- One should refrain from any stressful conditions and avoid taking stress naturally rather than getting dependent on other substances such as alcohol, smoking etc.
- One can also take medications by taking a prescription from doctors. The most commonly used medicines for blood pressure control is beta blockers.
Causes For Hypertension
- There is no particular cause of hypertension but it has been observed that after a certain age, people acquire hypertension problems called primary hypertension.
- On the other hand, secondary hypertension could occur due to a number of reasons such as the chronic kidney disease, inability to sleep, tumors in the adrenal gland, hyperthyroidism, congenital disease related to blood vessels, use of certain medicines including abortion pills, prescribed drugs or other substance abuse such as cocaine abuse.
- Therefore, hypertension is a problem related to lifestyle patterns and one should always maintain a healthy lifestyle including physical fitness, healthy diet and refrain from any other thing or habit which is not good for the body.